Thursday 10 March 2016

Horror & Fashion

As an introduction into our second part of the Gothic Horror, Kat arranged for us to re-create modern, high-fashion makeup designs inspired by the gothic. I chose to re-create a look created by Pat McGrath for John Galliano in S/S 2010. 

I am very pleased with my outcome. The supracolours blended beautifully on and around the eyes. The postioning of the colours also looked similar. I feel like I achieved the matte white base well, as it was light and heavily powdered. However, I am very frustrated with the eyebrows! I should've been more confident to just create one thin line but I kept trying to touch it up, making it much thicker than it needed to be. Also, the bottom lip needed to be blended more with the white. Nonetheless, overall I am happy with the finished look and am keen to explore modern day gothic horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment