Friday 18 March 2016

Applying Pre-Made Gelatine Moulds

Products Used:
  • Pre-made gelatine piece
  • Prosaide (glue to stick gelatine and silicone moulds to face and body)
  • Pro-clean remover
  • Witch Hazel
  • Cotton Buds
  • Translucent powder
  • Supracolour
Health & Safety
  • Conduct allergy test on model's forearm and check no rash or itchiness appears
  • Check with model for any current skin complaints 
  • Make sure all sponges/brushes are clean
  • Make sure model's eyes are closed at all times whilst using products on the face
  • Cover model
  • Wash hands
Consultation Notes
  • Name: Eleanor Nevill
  • Age: 19
  • Hair type: Long, dark curly hair
  • Skin type: Normal
  • Skin tone: Light with pink undertones
  • Allergies: N/A
Process:
Inspiration for the colouring of my
given gelatine piece
  1. Cut the pre-made piece down to remove hard edges and excess gelatine
  2. Apply glue onto piece all over the back
  3. Apply glue to section of skin that is being used
  4. Allow glue to go clear
  5. Place piece onto skin and press strongly onto skin
  6. Blend edges with witch hazel and a cotton bud (take time with this to create a seamless edge)
  7. If there is any excess glue on the skin, remove with pro-clean
  8. Powder gelatine piece to remove tackiness
  9. Colour accordingly
  10. Remove with pro-clean
Reflection
I feel like this technical was the hardest to make look effective. I am not very happy with my final result as the edges are pretty awful! I spent about 15/20 minutes rubbing the edges with Witch Hazel but I think the piece was very thick which made it harder to make the edges invisible. I also was not completely sure what my piece was meant to be so I decided to colour it like a collection of blisters. I am pleased with the transparency and colouring of the actual blisters but I think the redness surrounding the area should be slightly lighter. Overall, I know I need to practise this to get to grips with blending the edges and I would like to fill my own mould with gelatine (or silicon) to be able to control the thickness of the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment