Thursday 10 March 2016

Continuity Assessment #2

Reflection
As this is my first ever attempt at continuity with HD makeup, I am pleased with the overall outcome. All the wrinkles and sculpting blended well and very looked similar to my previous attempted. The base and eyebrows were the same colour as before and are blended well. However, the lighting does seem different to me (as the background is darker and the face more overexposed) which makes it look a lot paler than it was in person, as I used the same mixture for the base. The dry patch (created using latex) actually showed up better in these photos and looks much more effective. Annoyingly, the redness around the nose and under the eyes wasn't as heavy so did not match completely. The duo glue did not work at all on the lips in this attempt, which again was very frustrating. On the day, my model had fake tanned which made for more work! I tried to blend as much of my base down her neck but in photos it still showed through, making the whole design look off. However, overall I am pleased with my 2nd attempt of the makeup as it is still in-keeping with my Miss Havisham design and looks effective (apart from the visible fake tan!) 

I am very happy with the hair in terms of continuity. I was worried about achieving similar curls but I do feel I have achieved the same size, length and amount of back-combing to re-create the messy look. The bun also is a good size and the actual positioning of the plait in the bun looks very close to my attempt before. The greying (use of dry shampoo) is matches to my 1st attempt, apart from the left hand side which is heavier and less brushed out than before.

Overall, I have found this assessments to be very useful for my learning as a trainee makeup artist. It gave me another opportunity to test my time-keeping skills but also introduced me to a vital aspect of being a television and film makeup designer and artist. For a first try, I am happy with the outcome and I have learnt from my mistakes and would feel very confident to complete a task like this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment