Tuesday 23 February 2016

Trial Run of Miss Havisham Hair Style

Process:
  1. Section the hair - a front section (in a middle parting) for the curls and a back section for the bun.
  2. Section each side of the middle parting at the front of the hair in 3 and curl each to create identical curls away from the face.
  3. Pin curls onto head to set after heating up each section and leave to cool.
  4. Pull all the hair in the back section into a tight ponytail.
  5. Plait the ponytail hair.
  6. Wrap plait around the hair tie and pin to head.
  7. Unpin the curls and allow to drop.
  8. Run fingers through hair and began to mess up.
  9. Back comb curled sections roughly.
  10. Pull apart the plaited bun and backcombed sections.
  11. Pull at hair pulled into a bun to loosen the tension and create frizz.
  12. Dry shampoo roots to age hair.
Reflection of Trial
I am very pleased with my final design and feel the first attempt was successful. It gave me an idea of timing and as we only have an hour and a half, I feel I could complete this in half an hour to leave a large portion for my makeup (as I want to apply sfx). Creating the look neatly and then distressing it has made it easy to replicate and create a step-by-step for myself which will be extremely useful in terms of continuity. In my next practise session, I want to make sure the centre parting is completely straight and the curled sections are even. I also would like to make the plaited bun much messier to match the front of the hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment