Sunday 7 February 2016

Modern, Mystical, Crazy Clown - MUA Collaboration


I collaborated with my New Elizabethan partner Tara Page on this exciting shoot as I had learnt from my previous shoots outside class that with the short amount of time the students give you it is very helpful to have a right-hand man! It was decided I would create the makeup design and Tara was the hair stylist. The photographer Molly sent me over a mood board of modern clown interpretations and advised she wanted a subtle look incorporating the colours of the dresses the model was going to wear (silver, purple and blue). I ran the face chart by Molly and she was happy to go ahead with my look. I wanted to create a pale but natural complexion and use unusual colours to contour and colour the face. This was an intriguing photography project involving double exposure (Tara and I got stuck in with helping the lighting set ups and flashing the bulbs when needed!) and I throughly enjoyed working with Tara again and Molly was a fantastic leader for the shoot.

Photographer and Editor: Molly Mears
Model: Samantha Noakes
Makeup: Ellie Nevill 
Hair: Tara Page



Behind the scenes!









No comments:

Post a Comment