Wednesday 24 February 2016

Miss Havisham Makeup Designs

When designing my look for Miss Havisham at the end of the novel, I had to keep in mind that I wanted to have subtle ageing whichever direction I took the look. On my face charts I have pointed out areas I want to experiment using latex on to give a subtle affect. I also want to try out soft, dark concealer shades to contour and sculpt the face to slim it down and make my model look gaunt. Her complexion will be pale, so I intend on using a pale Kryolan Ultrafoundation mixed with the Illamasqua skin base in 1 to produce and pale and lifeless shade to add to her wax-like, skeletal look. 


The three designs I have produced have variations of how I want Miss Havisham to look. I have explored in my research how environments may have affected her and I want to see what physical toll her lifestyle would've had on her. I will try out the various aspects to hopefully discover what is most effective and create a final look.
  • In design 1, I had added chapped lips to reflect malnutrition and dehydration as Miss Havisham's life was overwhelmed by revenge and redemption and her appearance and health took a back seat. 
  • Design 2 explores the more detrimental affect her environment would've had on her skin. Damp and mouldy environments would sometimes show visibly on the skin through dryness, redness, itchiness or sores. Using latex, I would build up a texture that was rough and had holes to fill with colours that would re-create a sore and broken surface to reflect the physical toll her lifestyle has on her. This more full-on approach may be harder to re-create for continuity. 
  • For my final design, it incorporated the simplicity of design on combined with a couple more subtle aspects like dry skin, rough and sore nose and irritated-looking eyes. This would be a more obvious demonstration of her lifestyle and gives me the opportunity to experiment more with sfx than the first design. 

Design 1 

Design 2

Design 3

No comments:

Post a Comment