Monday 11 April 2016

Claudia Face Charts and Hair Designs

Claudia
None of the designs have eyebrows as my model has a full fringe.

Idea 1

For my initial design I wanted to take inspiration from the classic femme fatale look of elongated, voluptuous lashes and a red lip. Following my research of materials I could use for the apocalyptic makeup styles and I have to decided to create an oil-slick look on the eyes. For this design, I tried to keep it ultra simple however I feel like this slick cat eye look would not be achievable at the end of the world. I do look the idea of the blood-red colour dabbed onto the lips to look like dried, stained blood.

Idea 2


My second design is an adaptation of the inital one. I used the same product on the eyes but I have dabbed it on instead to show less precision and a more accurate application of such a product in this type of world. However, when I applied the multi-gel onto my skin (images shown below) it had glitter in it that was too chunky and did not portray oil/grease very well. 


Idea 3 - Chosen Design


With this final design I have chosen to use for my Claudia, I have produced a mixture of products for the eye that achieves the desired grease look I wanted: mixing medium, MAC's Black Tied eyeshadow, Illamasqua Beguile pigment and clear gloss over the top. I have also decided that I will apply it with a brush roughly all over the lid and above and smudge it out with my fingers to make it look like she could've applied it herself. The complexion will be fair as she does not see a lot of sunlight and her lips will be dabbed with a mixture of reds smudged onto chapped lips (achieved with latex) to look like dried blood with artificial blood added over the top. I will also add glyercin to the look, around her face, to show the struggle she had with the walker that bites her and also the fever that is starting to set it soon after the bite. As well as that, at the last minute I will spritz her chest and hair to add sweat and sheen to the look.


These images demonstrate the mixture of the medium, eyeshadow and pigment in different lights. I feel it achieves exactly what I wanted to reflect a grease-like texture and substance.

The left image shows me attempting to add the multi-gel over the top. However, as explained above the glitter is too chunky and ruins the colouring of my mixture. The right image I added a clear gloss and smudged it and I feel this works effectively to add to the idea she applied to herself as it makes it easier to move around.


Hair Designs
  1. Half up, half down with wavy hair
  2. Hair up in a loose and messy bun
  3. Naturally wavy hair loose and messy

For the hair, I will keep it simple with a half up half down style that would easily be achieved in an apocalyptic world. The volume would be achieved through backcombing to make it look like her hair isn't brushed often and her hair will be loosely curled to reflect a naturally curly look.

No comments:

Post a Comment